Monday 15 April 2013

The Things I Do For You by M. Malone (ARC)


Title: The Things I Do For You

Author: M. Malone

Series: The Alexanders, # 2

Date released: March 12th, 2013

Genre: contemporary, romance

Rating: 3/5



I received this book to review from NetGalley.


Goodreads Summary:

A bargain. A baby. A billion things can go wrong. 

Nicholas Alexander doesn’t mind being called a playboy. His charm serves him well in business and a beautiful woman is always on his arm. Except the one he’s in love with.

Raina Winters doesn’t believe in love, so when she’s dumped right before her wedding, she’s more upset about losing what she really wants from marriage. A baby.

When Nick learns about Raina’s dilemma, his first reaction is to leave her hanging like she left him after their steamy one-night stand. But he finally has something Raina needs, so he offers her a deal. He’ll give her a baby if she gives him something he desires just as much. 

Just two little words.

I. Do.


My Review

I liked this book but it left a lot to be desired, I just didn't love it. However, it has to be said that Malone creates strong, independent characters, if a little stubborn, who have minds of their own.

I liked the first book in this series, One More Day, more this. There was a lot more action, and a stronger storyline to the first one, whereas this book felt a little weak and seemed more like a background novella rather than its own book. I was really looking forward to Raina and Nick's story but I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more of a clash between the two, everything in their lives just seemed to fall into place. 

While it is often a good thing when reading a book where things can be misheard or misunderstood for the characters to communicate and work through the problems instead of jumping to conclusions and tearing at each other's throats, it did not seem right in certain aspects of this book, there should have been more passion between the two strong-willed protagonists.

Overall I like the book but I was expecting more and was disappointed.

-T


No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!