Saturday 3 March 2012

REVIEW - The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Title: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher: Headline
Release date: January 2nd 2012
Genres: YA Contemporary
Links: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depo
Source: Bought hardback

Summary:
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A. 

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.




5/5

This is one of the most beautiful, heart-warming books I have ever read. The love story was so sweet and adorable and it made you believe that love at first sight really does exist. Not only is it funny, the book also had so much depth and deals with real issues like family and loss. 

One of the main reasons I loved this book so much is because I could really relate to the main character, Hadley. I connected with her, as she deals with her father getting remarried. I understood what she was feeling as I too have gone through something similar. My parents separated when I was about 12 and although my dad hasn't gotten remarried, he is in a long-term relationship with another woman. Even though I am now 20, I still sometimes have a hard time accepting that my dad has moved on and has a new life. I felt the same emotions Hadley felt as she tries to accept her fathers new life. I found myself crying as I understood what she was saying throughout the book. No other book has made me feel so connected and invested in the story. 

This story will take you on a roller-coaster ride of emotions. If you were never a believer in love at first sight, you will hope that it is possible after reading this book. It will give you a warm, fuzzy feeling and you will be left with a smile on your face. Jennifer E. Smith has crafted a gorgeous, bitter-sweet story which I truly applaud. If you are to take away one thing from this book, it should be that love can be found in the most unlikeliest and inconvenient places. 


Teasers:
“Love is the strangest, most illogical thing in the world.”

“He’s like a song she can’t get out of her head. Hard as she tries, the melody of their meeting runs through her mind on an endless loop, each time as surprisingly sweet as the last, like a lullaby, like a hymn, and she doesn't think she could ever get tired of hearing it.”





No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!